You need production equipment to make things if you want to make money. This course will elaborate the design applications on classical chemical processes and unit operations, and solids handling. Mass production of any products can only be answered with integrated processes and equipment. Using a flowsheet simulator, students can quantitatively model a chemical processing plant. In general, a chemical processing plant is comprised of the core reactor unit and different additional unit operations, in the form of preand post-treatment steps, as well. Aspen Plus flowsheet simulator technology is progressively used in petroleum, petrochemical, and chemical industries, at large. Once the student masters such a powerful tool, he/she can use it in his/her daily professional life.
1. To introduce the use of process simulator for unit operation designs.
2. To be familiar with specific unit operation problems and process simulator instructions to solve such problems
3. Develop students' understanding of and skills in chemical process synthesis, design, evaluation, and optimization.
4. Enhance students' skills in process simulation.
5. Support integration of chemical process design knowledge and skills already acquired.
Interested in entrepreneurship, plant design management
Unit operation design based on process simulator and application of Aspen Plus in process design and analysis
Unit 0 ： Start dreaming
Unit 1 ： How much is your product?
Unit 2 ： Take what you need
Unit 3 ： Produce goods
Unit 4 ： Utility comes naturally
Unit 5 ： When heat is required
Unit 6 ： Solids Handling
Unit 7 ： Familiar with your goods
Unit 8 ： Let waste become gold
Unit 9 ： The first step to become a millionaire
30% mid-term exam,
40% final-term exam
English basic reading skills